Knowledge Management Software Tool
Information and knowledge management for Local Authorities and Schools
Product Enhancement and Maintenance with Dedicated Team
This application is a data warehouse driven knowledge management system aimed primarily at all those professional practitioners who are working in schools, local authority Children’s Services and partner organisations on improving outcomes for children. A large number of schools in UK are using the above to achieve the following:
- Bringing together information held in schools, local authorities and central government departments and agencies.
- Enabling practitioners to move from holding ad-hoc, one dimensional data to a dynamic, knowledge based approach.
- Create detailed lists of pupils according to their particular attributes and analyse their performance and progress in ways that provide previously unavailable insights.
- Collecting information on performance from existing sources (automatically)
- Accessing “near live” data
- Analysing it quickly to assess whether performance is improving and to prioritise key issues to be addressed
- Making the analysis available to those who need it (teachers, learners, professional practitioners, parents/carers)
- Arranging intervention and/or the allocation of resources
- Engaging the learner and/or parent/carer.
- Data Pilot - This component is basically an analysis tool which can run comparisons, identify trends and helps in measuring prior attainments.
- View Builder - This component allows users to create information displays that will work for them.
- Web Services - The Web Services allows third party applications to integrate and access information from application.
- Active Directory- Integration with Active Directory allows to integrate users from both the application and Active Directory and brings in additional security.
- Sharepoint - Product has its own widgets which have been migrated to Sharepoint Custom Webparts. This brings in "ease of use" to users who might already using Sharepoint or want to start using Sharepoint.
- Charts - Dundas Charting component is used to depict pupil and school data in a way that a single chart needs to be rendered as opposed to multiple charts. One can also overlay chart areas on top of one another for additional customization.
Tools & Technology
- .Net 2.0
- ASP.NET & C#
- MS SQL 2005
- Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server
- Active Directory
|< Prev||Next >|